Born Tokyo, Japan, 1977
Admitted to bar, 2007, Japan
||Competition/Antitrust, Corporate/M&A, Regulatory Compliance, Bankruptcy,
White Collar Crime, Dispute Resolution|
- Kajitani Law Offices (2007 - Present) Associate Lawyer Extensive experience in all aspects of corporate
International experience, including supporting a major auto parts manufacturer
who faced investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice, working with
U.S. anti-trust lawyers.
Handled large-scale dispute cases and domestic and foreign regulatory investigations.
- Showa Shell Sekiyu K.K (2016 - 2018) Part-time in-house counsel
Working on a variety of projects, such as M&A, cross-border licensing,
cross-border joint research and development, and cross-border joint ventures.
- Nippon Steel Corporation (Current Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation)
(2010-2012) Full-time in-house counsel
Active in one of the largest mergers in Japan (merger with Sumitomo Metal Industries in 2012).
- Currently underway of the LLM (specialized in competition law) at King's College London in the UK. September 2019, expected to graduate.
- Legal Training and Research Institute of the Supreme Court of Japan (2007)
- Chuo Law School (J.D., 2006)
- Waseda University (LL.B., 2000)
- Japan Federation of Bar Associations
- Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association
- Japan Competition Law Forum
- “Intellectual Property Licensing Practices and Anti-trust Compliance” (2018, LexisNexis Japan)
- “Practical Strategies for the Review of Business Combinations” (2017, LexisNexis Japan)
- “Theories and Practices of Corporate Restructuring - All about corporate restructuring - ”(2014,Shoji Homu)
||Japanese and English